Jobs >> Yard Foreman
Huws Gray are a fast-growing company and since our formation in 1990, we have developed from a single branch of 5 staff in Anglesey to over 70 branches with over 900 staff. Including our Head Office in Anglesey we currently stretch from Hay-on-Wye in Herefordshire up to Penrith in Cumbria and across to Derby in the Midlands. Following on from the recent acquisition of the Cambridge based Ridgeons Group, Huws Gray have now expanded their brand to the South East of England, making Huws Gray the UK's largest independent Builders Merchant employing in total over 1800 staff. Huws Gray recently obtained private equity investment and this investment combined with the continued dynamics within the company has seen Huws Gray’s rate of growth increase rapidly and this new position is a consequence of this.
As a HUWS GRAY YARD FOREMAN, you would be working as part of a team, and reporting to the Branch Manager and Area Manager. You would be responsible for providing excellent customer service at all times with other duties such as
- Effectively managing the operations of the yard on behalf of the Branch Management Team
- Liaising and communicating regularly with the Branch Management Team
- Ensuring that all yard staff work effectively as part of a whole-branch team
- Serving our customers politely and professionally at all times
- Unloading and loading vehicles
- Ensuring that the branch operates an effective delivery schedule
- Monitoring and maintaining stock levels through the ordering procedure
- Continually developing and updating your product knowledge
- Ensuring that the yard is a safe and secure environment
- Looking for, and encouraging yard staff to discover new ways to improve branch performance
- Reporting these ideas to your branch management team and obtaining feedback
The successful candidate will be
Able to show excellent leadership qualities
- Leading by example
- Able to take as well as issue instructions
- A good team player who can also work on your own initiative
- A good communicator who is approachable, positive and polite
- Motivated, energetic and passionate about your work
What will you get in return??
As a valued member within the Huws Gray team you would be supported by many different teams, all of whom are here to help you in delivering excellent customer sales and service to all our customers, suppliers and colleagues, and in maintaining the company’s reputation as an employer of choice.
As an Employer of choice, in return for your commitment, passion and drive Huws Gray will reward you with the following: -
- Guaranteed weekly hours
- Competitive rates of pay
- Regular overtime
- 24 days annual leave in addition to recognised public and bank holidays
- Company attendance and performance bonuses
- Being part of a Saturday morning work rota – working every other Saturday.
- Company pension scheme – in line with auto enrolment.
- Career progression and personal development opportunities
- Being part of a “team” as opposed to just being a number.
- Staff discounts on items purchased from any of our nationwide branches
- Enjoying rewards such as annual celebrations, special events and outings as well as paid lunch once a month!
If you have the drive and passion to be a part of the successful team at Huws Gray, and you feel that you have what we are looking for then we are looking forward to hearing off you.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE.
Completed forms should be sent either to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Huws Gray Ltd.